New medical conference and expo to focus on innovation and integration of technology in order to drive patient care and promote overall health
NEW YORK, June 22, 2017 – MedTech Impact Expo & Conference today released the 2017 agenda for its medical technology-focused conference, taking place December 14 – 15 at the Venetian/Palazzo Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The event, co-located alongside the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 25th Annual World Congress, features two full days of exhibits, breakout sessions, presentations of case studies, and keynote speakers that will give healthcare professionals actionable insight surrounding emerging technologies in the medical field.
“Innovative technologies are changing the way medicine is practiced, spanning the spectrum of enhanced diagnosis, novel treatment modalities and lifestyle change,” remarked 2017 Conference Chair Dennis Robbins, Ph.D, M.P.H. “Clinicians, healthcare executives, innovators and manufacturers alike need insight and access into these emerging technologies that will allow them to improve patient care and the health of our nation. We’re bringing all of this under one roof.”
Healthcare practitioners and professionals will be introduced to technologies, products, and services that can track patient progress, assist with diagnoses, prevent and manage disease, improve outcomes, and promote overall public health. The two-day conference will host more than twenty speakers, in addition to an exhibit hall that features over thirty manufacturers, distributors, and service providers in the healthcare field. Conference highlights include thought-provoking keynote sessions by tech industry luminaries, including notorious inventor and hacker Pablos Holman; investor and VP of Invicta Medical and Actavalon Robin Farmanfarmaian; and David Rhew, CMO and head of healthcare and fitness for Samsung Electronics North America.
Sessions and panel discussions include:
- Opening Keynote: “Future of Technology” (Pablos Holman, self-described “Futurist, inventor, and notorious hacker”)
- 2nd Day Opening Keynote: “The Patient as CEO: How Technology Empowers the Healthcare Consumer” (Robin Farmanfarmaian, Angel Investor & Vice President, Invicta Medical & Vice President, Actavalon)
- Closing Keynote: “Innovation and Healthcare” (David Rhew, CMO and Head of Leveraging Healthcare and Fitness at Samsung Electronics America)
- Leveraging Technology and Person-Centricity to Help People Add Years to Their Lives and Life to Their Years (Speaker: Dennis Robbins, PhD, MPH, prominent innovator, thought leader, and health activist)
- How Much Should We Pay for Healthcare – Technology’s Answer to Measuring Value (Speaker: Amanda Goltz, VP of Digital Innovation, BTG)
- Game Changing Analytical Insight Using AI and Machine Learning (Speaker: Michael Nova, MD, CIO, Pathway Genomics)
- Healthcare 2.0: Macro Trends Shaping Healthcare Delivery (Speaker: Nikhil Krishnan, Health Technology Analyst, CB Insights)
- New Realities in Medicine – Exploring the Virtual and Augmented Horizon (Moderator: Justin Barad, Founder & CEO, Osso VR and Editor, medgadget.com; Panelists: Arshya Vahabzadeh, MD, CMO, Brainpower; Matthew Stoudt, CEO, AppliedVR; Carrie Shaw, CEO, Embodied Labs; Osamah Choudhry – CEO, MediVis)
- Medtech Challenges and Opportunities (Moderator: Dennis Robbins, PhD, MPH; Panelists: Amy Dixon, Patient Advocate & Paralympic Triathlete; Jennifer Joe, MD, Founder/CEO, Medstro, Editor-in-Chief, MedTech Boston; Rain Henderson, Advisor and former Executive Director, Clinton Foundation; Peter Tippett, former Medical Director of Verizon; Sean McNamara, Manager of Health Partnerships at Garmin)
- Vision 2025: The Future of Healthcare — Building a System Around the Person and Not the Disease (Speaker: Reenita Das, Partner, Frost & Sullivan)
- Impacting Clinical Outcomes with Innovation and Technology (Moderator: Dennis Robbins, PhD, MPH; Panelists: Scott Kaiser, Motion Picture & Television Fund; Patrick Wayte, SVP, Center for Health Technology & Innovation, American Heart Association)
MedTech Impact and MedStro, host of the medical industry’s leading social networking site and producers of MedTech Boston, have partnered to host and promote a medical technology innovation competition: the Quadruple Impact Innovation Challenge. Open to anyone with an innovative idea regarding ways to leverage and harness technology in order to transform the healthcare industry, applications will be accepted through October 10, when six selected finalists will be invited to for a live presentation to a panel of judges at the expo and conference on Thursday, December 14. The winner of the competition will receive $10,000 cash as the grand prize.
MedTech Impact’s exhibit hall, open throughout the conference, will host several networking receptions and happy hours, and feature wearables, sensors and detectors, gadgets, nanotechnology, software and cloud technologies, mobile technology and apps, 3D printing, virtual and augmented reality, services, and more.
Healthcare providers and professionals including physicians, health coaches, and hospital administrators are invited to learn more about the event, and register for an early bird discount, HERE. Manufacturers, investors, consultants, and insurance companies can receive information regarding exhibiting HERE, or contact Paul Steinmetz, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales Manager, at (561) 893-8633, or [email protected].
About MedTech Impact:
The goal of MedTech Impact is to help healthcare practitioners and professionals better serve their patients through the use of technology, by utilizing devices and products that help track progress, assist with diagnoses, and ultimately support injury and disease prevention. By connecting attendees with the most recent and innovative scientific research and clinical education, MedTech Impact envisions helping clinics, hospitals, and private practitioners protect and build the infrastructure of their practices through the most recently developed and cutting-edge devices, equipment, and technology. For more information, visit http://www.medtechimpact.com/.
MedTech Impact Expo & Conference